We’ve had such a warm welcome on the doorstep in recent weeks and months and an overwhelming response to our survey.
We have analysed the results and have come up with four key areas you have told us we should focus on.
1. Improve Housing and Sense of Community
You’ve told us that there’s a good sense of community, but we want to:
- Stop any more houses becoming homes in multiple occupation (HMOs);
- Continue working with the Universities and Letting Agents to upgrade the standard of existing HMOs and promote a balanced and diverse community;
- Support community initiatives such as litter picks, winter gritting and new Community Groups.
2. Work to improve Transport, Parking and the Environment
This is a challenge, but we want to:
- Improve Home to School Transport options;
- Support and protect the existing 10 and 17 bus services and Oldfield Park Station;
- Continue to enhance Linear Park as an important local community space by promoting the new path;
- Try to improve the parking arrangements in our area;
- Reduce speeding along Englishcombe Lane and the “Rat Runs” through Moorfields.
3. Maintain Moorland Road as the heart of the South of Bath
Moorland Road is amazing, but we want to:
- Improve the layout of crossings for pedestrians and fix the sunken pavements;
- Secure the future of the Christmas lights;
- Support the Post Office and Library and ensure that it remains a shopping street.
4. Tackle Crime and Anti Social Behaviour
We have some problems with crime and anti social behaviour so we want to:
- Campaign for more visible police presence in our community;
- Maintain the improvements made at Memorial Gardens and Sand Pits;
- Continue working with SOMER and the Police to reduce the public presence of day time drinkers, and ensure that support is available to the people who need it.