Here are some of the key features:
- There will be two self-contained cubicles with the toilet and handwash facilities within each one, and large enough for a parent with a couple of small children and a pushchair to use together.
- One of the toilets will be DDA compliant, and both will have babychange facilities. A payment system will be on each door, requiring 20p to access (as with the existing Automated Public Toilets).
- There are no moving parts within the toilet, and the controls, eg flush and handwash are non-touch sensors. The inside is resistant to vandalism and misuse with an easy clean tiled interior and hard-wearing fittings.
- The doors are linked to both the lights inside, as well as a 15 minute timer, meaning that the toilet lock will open after a verbal warning and 15 minutes occupation (deterring misuse).
- There will be remote monitoring systems detecting and reporting problems back to Healthmatic enabling rapid response by their engineering, maintenance and cleansing teams, as well as a 24 hour telephone service line.